Friday, October 1, 2010

Buy the ticket, take the ride

Good evening, world. Mmm...do you smell that?

Success.

Hardly ever do I have a chance to look back on a full, 24-hour day of my life, and think to myself "Damn, dude. You really nailed that one."

Today was different.

I started by getting the number of a little Junior sweetheart from my math class, which painted a smile on my face that was certain not to wear off until at LEAST two hours later. After that, the feel-good snowballed. It was a damn good day.

Why then, do I have this ominous feeling like tomorrow will rip me a new one?

Call it superstition, or being used to "when it rains it pours", but I get a bad vibe whenever things go as smoothly as they have today. My schedule isn't even that frightening for tomorrow, I lay on my ass all day until around 5:30 PM when I'm booked for a birthday dinner with Mom and Ex-Girlfriend, followed up by an all-night, two-man party with my good friend and associate who we will refer to as Sir Knight. (He is, coincidentally, the President of our class I mentioned in a previous rant)

Let's hope I'm just being a hopeless retard about this, and I shouldn't be so afraid of a few good developments. Until next time world, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same. When things are going great, I figure I'm bound for a few fuck-ups soon.

    I am Fickle Cattle.

    ReplyDelete